CALCUP 2

Round 2
11 June 2016 - Berkeley.

Photos: http://www.calcupevents.com/gallery/index.shtml
Results: http://www.calcupevents.com/Results/2016/16_CalCup_2.html


The wind started light but soon picked up before the start.
We were well powered up by the time the first race started. I went left to the pier and Eric Christianson went right. I think the right option worked better and Eric had a good lead by the time we rounded the windward mark. Eric won with a good margin.
The chop was real hard to negociate there were a lot of boards flying around.
I started race 2 on port to go right and I managed to stay a little closer to Eric this time but he still had better speed upwind so he won race 2 as well.
In race three I managed to pass eric on the downwind leg but he overtook me on the last upwind leading to the finish line. In race four there was a port and starboard colision  just after the start. I managed to stay clear and headed to the right side of the course. there was some confusion in that race about which course to sail. then half of the fleet went around  the top of the pier and the other other half went around mark D. I won that race but it was decided in the end to cancel it.
Overall I finished second behind Eric Christianson.
After the race we went to the Berkeley Yacht Club for a drink and lots of Sandwiches.
It was nice to see all the guys back on the water after the first Calcup being cancelled due to rain and lack of wind.





Thank you Berkeley Yacht Club for organizing the race and all its vollunteers.
Look forward to 3rd round.
Xav.